Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
Are you a dedicated insurance professional looking to work with a dynamic team that is committed to delivering outstanding service to their clients? We are looking for Insurance Representatives, Level 1 or Level 2. If you’re passionate about helping clients and interested in joining an organization who is dedicated in making a meaningful difference in our communities, apply now!
We are in the following communities:
- Port McNeill
- Campbell River
- Port Alberni
- Qualicum Beach
- Gabriola Island
What’s the role?
As an Insurance Representative, Level 1 or Level 2, you will effectively cross-sell the services of Coastal Community Insurance Services (2007) Ltd. and Coastal Community Credit Union. You will report to the Relationship Centre Manager of Insurance.
Your duties will include:
- Performing all clerical and general insurance office functions
- Prospecting, marketing, selling, and processing all products relevant to the general insurance industry, including ICBC transactions
- Assisting in the development of products, procedures, or services
- Checking and signing policies for Level 1 Salespersons as required
- Actively promoting the organization in the community in a positive manner
- Ensuring that all department work meets standards in presentation, quality, and timeliness as directed
- Providing a friendly, courteous, and communicative service while responding immediately and diplomatically to questions and concerns
- Effectively utilizing time out of the office to generate sales
- Handling Level 1 functions as required
- Performing other insurance related duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Secondary school diploma
- Applicable licensing concurrent with position (consideration will be given to individuals with a Level 1 license and experience)
- Advanced knowledge of personal lines insurance
- Working knowledge of commercial insurance
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Keyboarding skills of 40 wpm and computer terminology are required, in addition to proficiency with Windows products such as Outlook, Word, and Excel applications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate in a clear, concise manner is required to transfer information and understanding to members
- Effective listening skills to engage members in conversation to understand and identify their immediate financial needs, and provide resolution through sourcing information, matching an appropriate product/service and/or referring members to the appropriate individual to complete their request
- The ability to multitask with keyboarding and internet/computer navigation skills for searching on-line client data and product information while simultaneously conversing with the member is essential to ensure that members receive excellent member service
- Interviewing skills and the ability to ask probing questions are required, as well as having the flexibility to adapt to each request and move between a variety of member concerns/questions/requests
If you’re an approachable problem solver who embraces self-development and life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
Who are we?
Since first forming in 1946, Coastal Community has grown to become the largest financial services provider based on Vancouver Island. We’re proud of the legacy we’ve built and the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned, with all decisions made locally—right here on Vancouver Island.
- We’re a growing organization with over $4 billion in assets under management. Coastal Community helps improve the financial health of over 100,000 members and clients through our 16 insurance offices, 24 branches, 4 business centres, plus our wide range of online and digital services.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home. Each year, we give over half a million to community organizations and programs.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!