InsureBC (Meadowtown) is part of the InsureBC Group; one of the largest insurance brokerage groups in BC. For more than 35 years, we have been delivering top-quality insurance expertise and services to our valued customers. With the head office in Vancouver and over 95 offices within BC and around the world, you can find our offices in every corner of the city. As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
As a full-time ICBC & Personal Lines Agent's at our Pitt Meadowns office, your primary focus is to provide front-line customer service of Personal Lines (during peak periods) policies and take responsibility for the retention and account development of existing clients, quote and place new business as required.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Servicing on-going client needs, advise on insurance matters, conduct needs assessment, recommend solutions, answer inquiries, conduct are calls and process renewals
- Sell new policies/writing new business to existing or new clients, retain existing book of business in an effort to grow book of business
- Contact Underwriters and Adjusters to discuss guidelines and policy
- Prepare documentation for insurers, complete applications for clients, issue insurance certificates, process changes and renew renewals
- Keep current on underwriting rules and workflow processes
- Actively participate in training initiatives
- Level 2 preferred
- Minimum 2 years of Autoplan and Personal Lines experience
- Great command of the English language (both written and spoken)
- Strong customer focus, administration, and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office tools and have the ability to learn and work with operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities successfully
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Knowledge of insurance industry an asset
- PowerBroker or TAM experience considered an asset
- Extended Health care
- Vision care and dental
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional Critical Illness
Grow with us:
At InsureBC, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth.
At InsureBC, our values are at the core of everything we do. Customer satisfaction comes first, and we are proud of our commitment to excellence, which allows us to efficiently deliver quality services and products to our customers.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in Canada for our company. Please email your resume, along with the position you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. We thank all applicants, but only short listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Find us at: